Saturday, 7 March 2015

Prose #1

You And Your Gravity For Two


I'm standing on the thinnest, most fragile line between bitter and stupid, and you're the magnet that's pulling me down... into the depths of stupid, pointless crushes that never work out, and love never to be requited, never to be realized until you've hit the ground.

And I know how it feels, and I know how it stings, and I know how it goes: I fall and you don't. And I would go and make stupid songs - of love and ache and hope - for a stupid guy like you, and your stupid teen boy tropes.

I don't want to fall. In love, or in you. So I'm holding onto the thinnest, most fragile line between bitter and blue, slowly cracking and missing a screw. And I worry about it, and I wish it wasn't true. I wish I wasn't falling for you - you, and your gravity for two. 

But when you smile like that, and you stare, and you care, and I see every color of the rainbow from your lips to your hair, I just stop thinking altogether, and the line I'm on is foregone, and I barely even try to hold on. I'm unmindful now,  unconcerned of how I'll fix them, and in an overwhelming chain of events - all happening in 2 or 3 seconds at best - I jump - into you. Oh, stupid, pointless crush that will never work out, and will leave me ever-blue.



-Desimandrius

No comments:

Post a Comment