Thursday, 12 March 2015

Thoughts

About Thoughts




Being a teenager and a high school student, I'm always doing something highly stressful, and if I'm not, I'm always putting something highly stressful off, and then that becomes the highly stressful thing that I will be doing.

Being young, I always feel like I'm chasing something or that I'm being chased by something - time, perhaps. So many people tell me that my youth doesn't last forever and so if I've got dreams now, I have to act on it and try to make it happen as soon as possible or I might lose the opportunity to do so and the next thing I know, I'm 70 and dying and I still haven't been to New York.

But the thing with me is that I've got so many dreams - too many, probably.

So I've developed a constant now or never reaction to everything. I always think that right now is the only time to chase my dreams because later I'd lose the opportunity completely.

My mind is in a constant state of panic and planning and stress and then suddenly, I've got a billion and one thoughts on everything around me and they are all interacting as a highly entropic society in my head.

I never stop thinking anymore. Maybe that's good but sometimes it just isn't. I need to chill out. I need a cup of coffee and just a cup of coffee - no notebook or pen beside me so I can stress over writing - just me and a coffee and some peace for my head.

Thoughts are great but when it's everything you have and it's making you feel so unsettled, you need to stop having those thoughts. Or put them off at least. Relax. Chill out. Or chill in. Make a blanket fort and stare at the obnoxious dust particles that become visible when the sunlight seeps through the fabric.

You only live once - but I swear there is time for everything. So give yourself a break sometime, yeah?

-Desimandrius

No comments:

Post a Comment