Poetry #1
J. May
A ragged boy
From Ilinois
Caught a little glimpse
Of the lady from
The land of plums
The sight he could not miss
For in her eyes
His world there lies
The moon and stars did play
"The galaxy’s
A mystery-“
The ragged boy did say.
"-But never more
A question or
A puzzle than J. May!
"So how do i-
A ragged guy
Get my maiden May?
"Ah, yes! I know!
I’ll tell her so
And hope that she will stay.”
But then the ragged boy did see
Beneath the shady mango tree
His maiden, May! His maiden, May!
"She killed herself!" The neighbors say.
She left a note:
"Dear God, I pray…
I’m sorry— Love,
Your child, J. May.”
"The galaxy’s
A mystery-“
The ragged boy did cry.
"-But never more
A question or
A sting than that goodbye."
-Desimandrius
No comments:
Post a Comment